Each year in April, an election is held on the Komodo Platform to decide which Notary Node candidates will be selected to serve as an operator for one of the 64 Notary Nodes which are responsible for securing the network through Komodo's Delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) security mechanism.
- To vote, all you need to do is select your preferred candidate(s) and send your VOTE2019 tokens to the address shown in their proposal listed at https://komodoelection.com/candidates/
To simplify the voting process, the latest release of Agama mobile includes VOTE2019 so you can easily cast your vote to a candidate address, or split your and send a portion of your vote to different candidate addresses (for example, one address in each region).
After logging in to Agama, follow the steps below to cast your vote in the election:
- From the menu, click on Notary Node Elections
- You can log in using the private key (WIF) of your VOTE2019 address, either by typing it on or using the QR code scanner.
Hint: You can use the String to QR tool in Agama desktop to generate a QR code for your private key
- Next, Create a PIN to secure your VOTE2019 tokens
- Enter you VOTE2019 security PIN number
- Click the Cast a Vote button to begin voting
- Next, enter a candidate vote address (manually or by scanning a QR code), and enter the amount of votes you want to send to the selected candidate (click the All button to send your remaining VOTE2019 balance)
- Check the candidate address and vote amount being sent. If correct, enter your PIN and click the Confirm button to send.
- You should now see the details of your vote transaction. Make sure the result is `success`
- If you want the status of your vote on the chain, click on the Open in explorer link to view it on the VOTE2019 block explorer at https://vote2019.world/
- You can follow the VOTE2019 tally and results in real time at https://dexstats.info/votelist.php or https://komodod.com/vote2019/ .
Make sure you get your vote in before the polls close at 14th May 2019 00:00 UTC!