A majority of supported coins (including KMD, BTC, LTC, ETH, ERC20 tokens and more) are able to be used in Agama Lite (SPV) mode (except PIRATE or other native only coins) using your wallet seed or private key (WIF).
A PIN file, encrypted with a password, will be created to allow simple and secure logging in possible.
- Latest Agama - download from here
- Your Wallet seed or Private key (WIF)
- Open Agama and click on Restore wallet
- Enter your 24 word seed (or the private key to your address) and click next to continue.
- Alternatively, you can scan a QR code which contains your encoded private key or seed.
- Next, enter a name for your wallet, and set the Encrypt key (PIN)
- The Name can be anything you'd like (using standard numbers and letters)
- The Encrypt Key (PIN) can be any combination of letters, numbers, dash (-) or underscore (_), but it needs to be long enough to have sufficient entropy to for security
- This will send you to the login screen.
- If you have more than one wallet saved, select the Pin file name of your account.
- Enter the Pin file's Password (Encrypt Key), and click the Sign in button.
- Click Activate coin to select multiple coins, or use the shortcut menu to load a single coin.
- Now select the coin(s) you'd like to load.
- Your account is now ready to use! It's a good idea to export your private key and either write it down or save it to a USB stick and store it somewhere safe.
To backup your pin file, navigate to the folder for your operating system as listed below
- Mac ~/Library/Application Support/Agama/shepherd/pin
- Windows: %appdata%/Agama/shepherd/pin
- Linux ~/.agama/shepherd/pin/
Note: The folders above might be hidden. Below are some links to unhide folders depending on operating system -
- Mac: http://osxdaily.com/2016/12/12/show-user-library-folder-macos-sierra
- Windows: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/show-hidden-files-windows
- Linux (Ubuntu): https://itsfoss.com/hide-folders-and-show-hidden-files-in-ubuntu
- To use the same account on a different computer, you can also copy your pin file to one of the above folders.
Always save a copy of your seed and store your pin file safely. This provides you various ways of restoring your wallet.