Agama 2.34 and above is equipped with an encrypt wallet function. It allows you to save an encrypted file in your local drive that stores your seed. This seed storage mechanism prevents users from inputting their seed each time they login. Additionally, users can save the encrypted PIN file and use it on another machine.
Step by Step
- After installing Agama, load it and press the Create new wallet button.
- Lite mode is selected by default, and click Next to continue
- To confirm the wallet seed it needs to be validated by selecting each work in sequence to add it to the seed confirmation box.
- If you lose your Wallet Seed you will lose access to your account - make sure it's securely backed up!
- Set a name for your wallet. This can be whatever you like, and allows for multiple wallets to be stored for use in Agama.
- Next, enter and confirm a Seed encrypt key (PIN) (password) for the wallet seed. The seed will also be stored locally in PIN file on your computer. The Seed encrypt key (PIN) will encrypt this file with your password for added security. If the password it too weak, you will see a warning to change it.
- Click on the Next button to finish creating your account.
- This will send you to the login screen.
- If you have more than one wallet saved, select the Pin file name of your account.
- Enter your Password, and click the Sign in button.
- Click Activate coin to select multiple coins, or use the shortcut menu to load a single coin.
- Now select the coin(s) you'd like to load.
- Once logged in, you'll see the the KMD address linked to your Wallet Seed. This is the address you can share to receive funds.
- Your account is now ready to use! It's a good idea to export your private key and either write it down or save it to a USB stick and store it somewhere safe.
- To backup your pin file, navigate to the folder for your operating system as listed below
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Agama/shepherd/pin
- To use the same account on a different computer, you can also copy your pin file to one of the above folders.
Always save a copy of your seed and store your pin file safely. This provides you various ways of restoring your wallet.