Agama 2.34 and above is equipped with an encrypt wallet function. It allows you to save an encrypted file in your local drive that stores your seed. This seed storage mechanism prevents users from inputting their seed each time they login. Additionally, users can save the encrypted PIN file and use it on another machine.
Step by Step
- After installing Agama, load it and press the "Activate coin" button.
- Select a coin to start in Lite (SPV) Mode, and click the button to activate your coin.
- Select Create New Wallet. This will automatically generate a set of words which is your Wallet Seed.
- To confirm the wallet seed it needs to be validated by entering it in the Confirm Wallet Seed box
- If you lose your Wallet Seed you will lose access to your account - make sure it's securely backed up!
- The seed will also be stored locally in a pin file on your computer. The Seed encrypt key (PIN) option will encrypt this file with a password to enhance security. If the password it too weak, you will see a warning to change it.
- You can set a Custom pin file name which will allow additional accounts on the same computer. In the image below we'll call it "PIN_FILE_NAME"
- Optionally, you can save your wallet seed by clicking on generate QR-code and saving it as an image. Scanning the QR code will reveal your wallet seed in plain text, so secure it appropriately.
- Click on the Register button to finish creating your account.
- After clicking Register you will be returned to the login screen. Select the Pin file name of your account, enter it's Password, and click the Sign in button.
- Once logged in, you'll see the the KMD address linked to your Wallet Seed. This is the address you can share to receive funds.
- Your account is now ready to use! It's a good idea to export your private key and either write it down or save it to a USB stick and store it somewhere safe.
- To backup your pin file, navigate to the folder for your operating system as listed below
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Agama/shepherd/pin
- To use the same account on a different computer, you can also copy your pin file to one of the above folders.
Always save a copy of your seed and store your pin file safely. This provides you various ways of restoring your wallet.