- Stop wallet and close Agama
- Uninstall current Agama
- (Optional) Delete all user data except wallet.dat file (in case if you want to sync chain data from scratch and start fresh) Note: Please keep a backup of your wallet.dat file. Check the detailed steps for more details.
- Download & Install latest version of Agama
- Start Agama and start using your updated wallet (You may have to sync any native chain fully before you can use the wallet)
Step 1: Stop wallet and close Agama
You need to stop any current native wallet if you are running them and need close Agama. Otherwise, you may end up with corrupted database if you did not stop native wallet daemon correctly. Follow this guide on how to safely close Agama. This will help prevent database corruption due to illegal shutdown. Make sure that Agama is not running anymore before going to the next step.
Step 2: Uninstall or Remove Current Version
If you are using portable zip version, just remove/delete the unzipped directory from your computer and go to the next step. You may also want to remove the old zip to save space. If you installed an installer version for Windows it is better to uninstall first before installing the new version. For, Linux & macOS users this step is NOT mandatory, as you can install Agama over the current installation. Follow the below steps to uninstall Agama from an Windows computer:
- Click Start menu
- Find Agama app and right-click on the app icon from the applications menu and select Uninstall & click on it
- Find Agama from the list of all installed apps (it should be nearly at the top)
- Right-click and select Remove
- Follow the wizard to uninstall
- Select NOT to delete user data when you see that option
- Once done, click Finish
Step 3: (Optional) Delete all user data except wallet.dat file
Always keep a backup of your wallet.dat file. If you want to re-sync your chain database entirely from scratch, you need to follow this step. That maybe required when your chain sync is stuck or database corrupted. Otherwise, you can skip this step and proceed to the next one. All user data including wallet.dat file are in the same directory. If you have taken a backup of your user data you have already visited the directory. Inside the Komodo data directory, there are data directory available for other Komodo independent Assetchains that you have used in that computer. The directory names matches those chain name and they are all in capital letters.
- Make sure Agama is closed and no wallet daemon running before following this step.
- If you want to delete Komodo chain data, you need to make sure that you don't delete any other Assetchain data dir and wallet.dat & komodo.conf file.
- If you want to delete any Assetchains data, just visit the directory and delete all files except wallet.dat.
Files and folders you need to delete from Komodo or Assetchains data dir to start fresh sync:
Directory/Folders to delete:
Files to delete: