Komodo is a zero knowledge proof blockchain, this provides KMD with a privacy layer.
The platform has two types of addresses:
1. T-addresses: public addresses i.e. Bitcoin type ( Known as transparent addresses, start with the letter "R" )
2. Z-addresses: uses zksnarks to shield transaction data i.e. Zcash type ( Known as shielded addresses, start with the letter "z" )
Note: When we send funds from a T - address to a Z- address, the transactions are shielded. After that same or identical amounts can be transferred back to the T - address. This Process is called Round-trip transactions.
Types of transactions that can be made :
- T- address to Z - address
- Z- address to Z - address
- Z - address to T - address
How to Perform Z - Transactions In Agama
- Open Agama Native after Its fully synched
- Go to receive section, Create Z- address
- Take Backup of Zaddress Private Keys
- Send some KMD funds from T - address to Z - address, It takes around 1 - 2 Mins to process the transactions and to confirm your funds In wallet.
- When you want those funds back, you can send that funds back to T - address, In this way you can shield your transactions, without compromising Privacy.
- Native wallet only helps to get Z- transactions and the Wallet.dat file withholds all the private keys.
- Neither Electrum nor Agama SPV mode are able to retrieve necessary data for parsing shielded outputs. For this reason it is only recommended to use Native Mode.
- In Native Mode, Transactions History have both Transparent transactions and Shielded Transactions aka Z- Transactions.
- In Lite Mode, Transactions amounts and type of transactions all are obscured. Due to some limitations all data is shown as UNKNOWN. For now Electrum servers are unable to make z transaction data to be visible.