How to install and use Komodo (KMD) on my Ledger
The Ledger Nano S and The Ledger Bue manage Komodo (KMD) token. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux. It requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S or your Blue. it doesn't work on Android and iOS.
The Nano and the HW.1 don't support Komodo.
To create and launch your Komodo wallet:
1. install the Bitcoin (and altcoin) application on your computer via your Google Chrome browser
- In your Chrome browser go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-wallet-bitcoin/kkdpmhnladdopljabkgpacgpliggeeaf
- Click on the "Add to Chrome" blue button
2. install the Komodo application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don't have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard.
- Click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Komodo logo
Confirm the installation when required on your device.
Quit the Ledger Manager
These 2 first steps are only required once. Now everything is ready to manage your Komodo account.
3. Once these apps are installed, to open your Komodo account, just:
- Open your Komodo application on the device itself
- Disable the "Browser support" setting of this Komodo app
Komodo > Settings > Browser support
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top the left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in gray
- Launch the Bitcoin Chrome app on the Chrome or Chromium browser on your computer
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
Note! For each sending transaction, the Ledger device will ask you to verify the details of your transaction (amount, fees, address) before confirming. Press right button on the Nano S, tap on the Blue.Komodo works on the Bitcoin wallet as they are both tracked on the same blockchain.
Warning! Ledger wallet does not support the 5 % annual reward feature yet! If you send KMD with Ledger wallet the interest will be lost.